Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Just a laugh :)

Another excerpt from what I typed up today. Let me know what ya think!

The next morning I awake to Trent tapping me, quite hard by the way, on the shoulder. I open my eyes and give him an evil look that says, “Get out or I’ll hurt you.”
He continues tapping and I start tapping him on the face, his nose, cheeks, arms, chest.
“What are you doing, Shaelyn?”
“Looking for your snooze button.” I joke. Although right now, I wish he really did have one.
“Um, sorry, don’t have one of those. Get up. Now.” He grabs the covers and pulls them off of me.
Oh, no he didn’t! Nobody pulls the covers off of Shaelyn Renay Hartford without big trouble aftward. I get up and chase after the brother who so rudely tore the covers off of my body.
When I get ahold of him, he’s so gonna regret it. So!
I follow him down the long hallway, running full force, then down the winding staircase. Then to the kitchen where Mom is cooking an amazingly yummy smelling breakfast.
I stop abruptly.
Bacon.
I smell bacon.
I slid across the floor in my socked feet. “Can I have a pice?”
She hands me one and I quickly run after my brother who has gone outside to the patio. I sneak outside and look around for him, but he’s nowhere to be found.
Before I can think, hands grip my legs and I am thrown over Trent’s back. I kick and slap at him, knowing full-well what’s coming.
He throws me lke I’m nothing, into the freezing cold pool. Maybe this pool wasn’t as awesome as I once thought.
Now it’s my least favorite thing.
“Trent! Now my pajamas are wet!” I pull my soaking wet body out of the pool. Yuck.
I’m all soggy.
“Sorry, but it got you awake.”
I growl.
“And mad.” He adds.
I walk toward him. “No, I’m not mad at you. I love you. Let me give you a big hug.” I throw my arms around him and give him a big, huge hug. ‘Cause I love my big brother.
Oh, so much.
He tries to pull away but I pull him only closer.
Finally, when I think he is pretty wet, I pull back “Mess. With. Me!” I snap my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment