Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Another Excerpt

I was typing up this part up this morning and it made me smile because it's definitely shows the friendship that Cody & Shae have. :)

Yes, and speaking of which…I turn back to him. “Uh, speaking of bathrooms…”
“Aw, Shae. Seriously?” His eyes drill into me. “You just woke up and you have to go already? You women are so annoying.”
“I’ve been asleep for hours, so I should think its normal for me to have to pee.” I point to an exit sign in hopes that he will pull off. “Please? With cherries on top?”
“Fine.” He turns on the turn signal and exits the highway.
“SO where are we now?” I ask as he pulls into a McDonald’s parking lot.
“Further south than Philly. Further north than Texas.”
“Wow, profound stuff right there.” I roll my eyes. Stepping down from the Tahoe is a task in and of itself. Not only am I short, the SUV is high, so I sort-of have to jump. Which today proves to be harder than usual. I throw myself out of the door and land on the side of my right ankle.
Pain. Searing pain! Whoever I see next, I’m gonna hurt. “Cody, get over here.” I yell. ‘Cause I’m gonna hurt him, opposed to some stranger, because it seems safter.
“What?” he appears, a smirk on his face. “Oh, are you okay?”
“Would I be on the ground clutching my ankle if I were okay?” Sarcasm win – again!
“What happened?” He leans down beside me and starts touching my ankle.
I suck in a breath as he touches the part of my foot that really hurts. “I fell out of your truck.”
“Obviously we need to invest in a step-ladder for you.” He lets go of my foot. “It doesn’t seem like anything is broken. You should be fine.”
“And you became a doctor when?” I try to stand but my foot protests and I fall back onto the dirty and cold pavement.
“Today.” He rolls his eyes. “Do you want me to help you?”
“Duh.” I let him put his arm around me and help me up, then walk into the McDonald’s. When we get to the bathroom, I force a smile. “I doubt you wanna go in there, so I’ll jump.”
“Jump?” He lifts an eyebrow. “Can’t wait to see this one.”
I glare at him.
“Um, I mean, see you in a few minutes.” He grins.

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment