Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Favorite Books & Good Inspiration

There are a lot of books that I look to when I'm wanting inspiration. On both writing style and how to write a good novel.

Some of my favorite books include The Hollywood Nobody Series by Lisa Samson and anything by Mary Connealy, Jenny B Jones, and Rachel Hauck.

I really like the Hollywood Nobody Series because they're set in the first-person, present-tense and they're really easy to follow. They're fun and quirky and that's something that I really enjoy putting into my stories.

The books by Mary Connealy, Jenny B Jones, and Rachel Hauck are usually in third-person, past-tense. Again, easy to follow and something that I hope to be able to write in my books someday. I usually have trouble with third person because I used to always write in the first person tense. So I like to read well-written third-person books as inspiration for stories.

Another thing that really inspires me to write is music. Usually any kind of music helps me, but usually I have country music or pop music playing the background. I'm not sure what it does, but it sets the mood for me writing and usually gets my creative juices flowing.

Anyone else have anything that brings them inspiration while writing? I'm curious to know.

Leave a comment and let me know what you're favorite books, and best inspiration for writing is!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment