Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

How much more of this story do I need to write?!

I've decided to make A World Without Sound my senior project. What I want to do is finish writing it, type it all up into a Word Document, format it and then get a few proof copies of it that I can actually hold in my hand.

But that entails a few things:
  1. Finishing the book.
    Because I'm unsure of how long the story is so far - since I'm writing on paper, not in a word doc -, I don't really know how much more I need to write. From what I can tell, I need about 30,000 more words. This I can do. :)
  2. Typing all of it up.
    I don't know why, but I dread this. Writing is SO much fun, but then having to pretty much "rewrite" it to get it onto the computer, is a pain. I hate it so much. Oh well, this needs to be done.
  3. Format it into chapters, and break it out into better sections.
    Writing is my forte, breaking things out into chapters/sections, is not. I prefer to write without worrying about that.
  4. Make a back cover for my book.
    I have a cover that I love for the front, but as for the back? Nothing thus far. I need to decide what kind-of picture I want on the back, and what I want the summary of the book to be. Another thing I'm not particularly good at.
  5. Upload the book, the front cover and the back cover (is that what that's called?) to createspace.com so that I can get my proof copy.
    I have never done this before, so I'm not sure exactly how it works. If any of you know, maybe you could shoot me a quick email explaining this to me?
  6. Wait patiently for my book to come in the mail.
    Patience is a virtue. A virtue that I wasn't born with.

~ash

2 comments:

  1. Good plan! I like the new blog template you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like a lot of work! I've been reading your excerpts and they are really good-I hope someday I'll be able to read the whole story!
    I have the exact opposite opinion about writing I hate write on paper but love typing things up-I often help my mom and sibs by typing up stuff for them. Hope everything goes well in the process to finish your book!

    ReplyDelete